How to Setup SSL?
After installing and activating the SSL certificate on your server, it is time to set it up on your cPanel.
Let’s do it by following these steps:
- Log in to your cPanel
- Go to the security section and click on SSL/TLS Manager.
- Under Install and Manage SSL for your website (HTTPS), click on “Manage SSL Sites”
If you are using one of the hosting providers which doesn’t have the Manage SSL Sites option in their cPanel (ex.: Hostgator, Godaddy, etc.), you have to contact the support team for performing the installation process. Or, they may provide you with the exact installation guide for setting up SSL certificates on their host.
- Find the certificate code which you received from the Certificate Authority and copy it. It includes —–BEGIN CERTIFICATE—– and —–END CERTIFICATE—–. Then you have to paste it into the Certificate: (CRT) field on the next page.
- Open the certificate files using a text editor like Notepad then edit it with the code.Note: To find the certificate code, go to the *yourdomain*.crt file. This file must have been sent previously to you in the email from the Certificate Authority.
- Click on the “Autofill by Certificate” button as shown in the image below. Then, the system will fetch the domain name and the private key, or you may manually choose your domain from the drop-down list then you enter the certificate and private key in their places. In case you missed the private key, generate a new CSR code together with the private key and then reissue the SSL certificate.
- Copy the chain of intermediate certificates (CA Bundle) and paste it in the box below the Certificate Authority Bundle (CA BUNDLE) if it is not filled automatically.
- Now, just click on Install Certificate.
Congratulations! You’ve set up your certificate on the server for your site.
You can now access your site via https://.
Sorry, there were no replies found.