Reply To: Why we install Vesta Control Panel before PowerMTA?

Home Forums Email Marketing General Support – Open Why we install Vesta Control Panel before PowerMTA? Reply To: Why we install Vesta Control Panel before PowerMTA?

In general, Vesta is not obligatory. you can setup PowerMTA without Vesta.

But, here is why almost all PowerMTA tutorials show the vesta installation, also I did in my course: Setup & Configure PowerMTA Server + IP Rotation

When you install a web hosting manager control panel. Like vesta, Cpanel, or webmin, there are some prerequisites installed. like maybe you wanna host a website or an Email Marketing web application, then you will have all prerequisites.

The second reason. Is that if you are willing to use your private DNS within vesta. You can. But I tried my best to make things easier without the use of another DNS and stick with a public DNS provider like GoDaddy

The third reason is that if you wanna create emails, you can use vesta. so you can receive emails to your server.

But I don’t prefer this. I prefer to use another server or provider for receiving emails and keep this as an SMTP as I showed in the course.

Because if your SMTP domain or Ip was blacklisted everything on the VPS will be blacklisted, so it’s better to keep it on a dedicated SMTP.