We Will Go Above And Beyond To Answer Your Queries, Because We Care!
Welcome To The Fastest Growing Digital Marketing Forum On The Planet… soon on Mars 😅🚀
How to Set Up Backlinks Monitoring
Backlinks are an important element for SEO. Therefore, website owners always try to make backlinks as much as possible. However, it is crucial to keep your eyes open and monitor your backlinks on a regular basis. Thus, you get a detailed analysis of each one of them.
When you set Up backlinks monitoring and get all the details, you will know whether your content is earning links or not and check their quality.
Make sure to monitor your backlink as soon as your website goes online.
Setting Up Backlinks Monitoring using MonitorBacklinks
Create a MonitorBacklinks Account
- Open a new account by visiting MonitorBacklinks website and clicking on “Start your free trial”. ( notice that the free trial is available for 30 days only, then you have to choose a plan that meets your needs)
- Make your new account by choosing “Your Email Address”, and a strong password for“Your desired password”.
- Prove that you are human not a robot then click on “Create Account”.
- Now, go to your email and click the link sent from “Monitor Backlinks” to confirm your email address.
- Once you click the link, you will be redirected back to the Monitor Backlinks site to start adding your domain.
- Choose the option you need. In our case, we will choose “with Google Analytics”.
Adding your domain using Google Analytics
Make sure that you’ve already set up Google Analytics for your website, then follow these steps:
- Choose the first option: “Add using Analytics”.
- Choose your Gmail which is connected with your Google Analytics.
- Click on “Allow” to allow backlinks to view your Google data.
- Choose the “profile” you want in Google Analytics and click connect.
Optional Steps to check your competitors
After finishing the above steps, you can spy on your competitors and check the backlinks they got. You can also add some keywords to see how they are performing with new links.
However, you can just skip these options.
- Add Competitors
You can add your competitors to check their performance..
- Add Keywords
You can add keywords and keep your eyes on whether they are getting any backlinks.
Checking your backlinks with Google Search Console
Additionally, you can still use Google Search Console to check some of your backlinks
Make sure that you’ve previously set up Google Search Console for your website, then follow these steps:
- Log In to your Google Search Console which is connected to your site.
- Go to the left side menu and select“Links”.
Here, you will find two categories:
- “External Links”: Here you see your external links.
- “Internal Links”: Here you see your internal links.
At this part, you can find how many backlinks you’ve got. It may take some time, but it is totally free.
@admin in-depth article, I once paid for backlinks and never monitored them for quality and after some time, instead of increasing traffic or site rating, my visitors reduced drastically. As I read this article, I realized that most of the backlinks were junk not good, or even related to my content. It killed my on-page SEO and overall ranking. Thanks for this informative article.