Postam SMTP Server

Forums Email Marketing SMTP Servers Postam SMTP Server

Participant
    Hi Sir,

I have installed and configured Postal SMTP Server. Everything is working well and good.

the only concern is, now if I try to connect SMTP server using Port: 2525 through outlook, t’s not working.

is there any way to check the same?

Thanks in Advance

Sachin

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Replies
    Hasan AboulHasan
    Site Admin
    none
    Hi friend, by default port 25 will work only, if you want to route smtp traffic using another port you have to run the following command on your server:

iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p tcp –dport 2525 -j REDIRECT –to-port 25

Hasan Aboul Hasan Founder & CEO at H-educate  Facebook icon  LinkedIn icon  Youtube icon  instagram icon
    sachi0066@gmail.com
    Participant
    Thank you so much sir, I will try this.

I have one more doubt in this, Whenever I am sending emails using postal SMTP server,

the bounce emails are not returning to the respecting inbox, but when i login and check postal, i can see the bounced messages.

if there any option for the same?

Thanks in Advance

Sachin

Hasan AboulHasan
    Site Admin
    none
    Hi friend, the bounces are replied to the return address which is in postal.

you need to handle bounces using an email marketing system like mailwizz as an example.

Hasan Aboul Hasan Founder & CEO at H-educate  Facebook icon  LinkedIn icon  Youtube icon  instagram icon
    sachi0066@gmail.com
    Participant
    HI I really thank full for your reply.

my question is like this:

Whenever we send normal emails by using outlook, if the email ID is wrong or domain listed.

We get directly bounce emails to my sender ID, but where i postal SMTP, which is configured with outlook email. and I am sending emails using outlook, But I am not getting bounce email’s to the same.

is it any way possible to do so?

where we can get bounced emails directly to sending ID using postal SMTP just like power MTA?

Really appreciate your help on this.

Thanks & Regards

Sachin

Hasan AboulHasan
    Site Admin
    none
    Postal has a custom random return address. no, you cant get bounces back to outlook, as the sender address is different from the bounce address.

honestly, Till today, I didnt find a solution to this, if I find one, I will share it.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.