One Ergo coin is worth $6.719 at the time of writing this post (07-07-21). $100 worth of Ergo coins will total $1287.14 in 2026. And that is huge! You got no money right now? No worries because this post will help you learn how to mine Ergo coins using your PC.
On H-Educate, I always share the information that I have verified. And for that, I run the experiments based on your suggestions. After following this method, I have made 0.735 ERG, and I know it's extremely low. Your earnings depend on the GPU and CPU of your PC or laptop.
So if you want to earn big, make your mining rig even bigger. I hope that makes sense. But first, let's get to know how you can mine Ergo coins seamlessly.
How to Mine Ergo Coins on PC (2021)
The first step is to create a wallet to send and receive crypto. The second step is to connect your PC to a mining pool.
And that's it! The third step, which is to monitor the GPU temperature, is for your machine's safety.
Steps to mine Ergo coins on PC:
- Create a wallet
- Join a mining pool
- Start making ERG and monitoring the GPU temperature
Watch this video on how to mine Ergo coins with your PC or laptop:
So let's get started with the first step now.
1. Create a Yoroi Wallet
A crypto wallet is just like the traditional wallet, where you keep your money. Digital wallets help you send and receive digital currency like cryptocurrency. And they also help you check the balance, see and share the wallet address for the transaction.
Crypto-wallets should be lightweight and secure. And thankfully, Zoroi Wallet has both these features. That's why I have chosen it. Let me tell you what it is and why you should use it.
What is Yoroi Wallet & Why Use It?
The Yoroi wallet for Cardano is a web extension as well as a mobile app. The Yoroi Wallet does not synchronize or download the blockchain, unlike other wallets. As a result, you can send and check out deals when you open the wallet.
An even more technical description would be: Yoroi is a light (HD) wallet for Ada (cryptocurrency), running as a Chrome extension.
You can use Yoroi on any hardware that supports Chrome extensions and Google Chrome. Therefore, Yoroi can run on Linux, Mac OS, Windows, and more. And yes, you can also delegate your wallet funds to someone else.
Installing Yoroi does not require a lot of bandwidth since the installation package is very small. Yoroi is a light wallet and does not require a full copy of the blockchain on your computer, so it uses a very small amount of bandwidth.
With all these features, the Yoroi is the perfect choice for anyone looking to start mining Ergo or any other coin. Let's jump on installing it now.
How to Create Yoroi Wallet
1. Go to yoroi-wallet.com and click on the ‘Download' button
2. Choose from the dropdown list. You can choose from Chrome, Edge, Firefox, Android, and iOS. And that's awesome because everyone has got covered.
3. ‘Add to Chrome' if you want to use the wallet on Google Chrome like me. It will get installed as an extension on your browser. Confirm on ‘Add extension' you're ready.
4. Click on the Yoroi logo from the extension's bar on Google Chrome. Select your language and agree with the terms and conditions to continue. Go for the ‘Simple' wallet now.
5. Skip the next option or allow to enable Cardano payment URLs. Following that, you'll be able to connect your hardware wallet, create a new one, and restore the old one.
6. Choose the ‘Ergo' if you want to mine Ergo coins. And click on ‘Create wallet' now.
7. Enter your wallet information here. And set your ‘recovery phrase.' But don't forget it after setting it up because you may need it for secure transactions.
And boom! You've created a new wallet on Yoroi. Now is the time for you to connect your hardware to a mining pool. Let's do it right away.
2. Set Up Mining with Nanopool
You have two options for mining any cryptocurrency:
- Miner or a mining rig
- Mining pool
Cryptominers or mining rigs are expensive. And I've created this post to mine Ergo coins on PC. So I'll go with the second option. But what is a mining pool anyway?
What is Mining Pool
There are many constraints of solo mining. Miners have devised a method for combining the hash power of individual miners to increase the likelihood of finding new deposits.
Imagine that several small-scale miners are working together to pool their computing power. Honestly, they could generate output levels similar to those produced by large farms and even meet or exceed them.
Each miner earns less when participating in these pools, as rewards are shared among the participants. Even a small but consistent return is worth receiving when we consider how unlikely it is for solo miners to mine even a single block.
Mining pools become more appealing and sustainable when payments are regular. That's where the Nanonpool enters.
What's Nanopool and Why Use It
Nanopool specializes in coins, which are mostly useful only on video graphic cards. It currently supports mining:
- Ethereum (ETH)
- Ethereum Classic (ETC)
- ZCash (ZEC)
- Monero (XMR)
- Raven (RVN)
- Conflux (CFX)
- Ergo (ERGO)
You can mine both solo and dual (2 coins simultaneously with a proportional distribution of power) coins with the pool. Nanopool can mine digital tokens using large farms that have powerful GPUs and video cards.
How to Mine Ergo Coins on Nanopool
1. Go to nanopool.org and choose the crypto coin of your choice.
2. Click on ‘Quick Start' to join the mining pool
3. Download the miner in a zip file
4. Unzip the file, extract the archive to any folder on your PC. And configure the minor.
5. And for that, open the file and replace the wallet address with your wallet address. Save the information like this.
6. Enter the mining rig information in the ‘confgure_ergo' file and save.
7. Run the ‘nanominer' file now and wait for a bit.
And this is how to mine Ergo coins on PC without any full-fledged mining rig.
3. Monitor temperature with MSI Afterburner
Monitoring the hardware temperature is a must. Otherwise, you will end up destroying your PC or laptop. And for that, MSI Afterburner comes extremely handy.
What is MSI Afterburner & Choose It
MSI Afterburner is a free third-party program developed by MSI. People use it to manage their GPUs. Overclocking your GPU, modifying your VRAM, adjusting the voltage, and doing other minor tweaks are all possible.
Many enthusiasts use MSI Afterburner for many different purposes. You can use it to monitor from GPU to VRAM clocks to temps.
But can you use MSI Afterburner to monitor CPU temp as well? Thankfully the answer is yes. MSI Afterburner isn't associated with CPUs directly. But you can use it to monitor the CPU and GPU temp in settings.
How to Monitor GPU Temperature With MSI Afterburner
Go to MSI Afterburner's page, and download the file. Unzip the file and double-click the executable file, and follow the installation process.
Run MSI Afterburner after the installation. Go to the ‘General' tab and start monitoring the GPU temperature and performance. The optimal temperature for GPU mining is around 70 degrees Celsius. But I believe you should keep it as low as possible.
Conclusion on How to Mine Ergo Coins on PC
Mining cryptocurrencies has never been easier than now. You can mine crypto-like Ergo coins using a straightforward mining pool called Nanopool. The process involves three basic steps:
- Create a wallet (using yoroi-wallet.com)
- Enter into a mining pool (on Nanopool)
- Monitor the temperature (using MSI Adburner)
And that's just it! I've mined 0.735 Ergo coins within 48 hours approximately. If you believe it's a small amount, you're right.
But it's always better to make something than nothing, right? And you can make even more Ergo coins if you have a more powerful PC than mine.
Watch this video in which I explain how you can mine any cryptocurrency at home.
Share your ideas for how to mine Ergo coins on PC in the comment section below. And hover over to H-Educate Forums if you have any questions about it.